As I recall, it was someone who was working on it who was having
patches committed as he implemented it, and never finished it?

It probably is buggy.

-Kyle H

On 8/10/06, ViSolve Security Consulting Group <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Developers,

We have compiled OpenSSL 0.9.8b on HP-UX Itanium Processor Family.

While trying to establish a communication between a server and a client with
DTLS1 protocol support.  The server aborts with a core dump.

SSL_accept:SSLv3 write key exchange A
d1_both.c(1063): OpenSSL internal error, assertion failed:
s->d1->w_msg_hdr.msg_len + DTLS1_HM_HEADER_LENGTH == (unsigned
int)s->init_num
Abort(coredump)

Is it a bug in DTLS1 protocol support in OpenSSL ??

The commands we used for SSL server & client are -

# openssl s_server -accept 1234 -cert ksb_cert.pem -key ksb_priv_key.pem
-verify 2 -CAfile ca_cert.pem -dtls1 -state -debug

# openssl s_client -connect localhost:1234 -verify 2 -CAfile ca_cert.pem
-cert ksb_cert.pem -key ksb_priv_key.pem -dtls1 -state -debug

Thanks,
ViSolve Security Consulting Group.