Pehuen,

Usually that part does not have to do with the CA, it has to do with the creation of the CSR (Certificate Signing Request). (Unless it is a self signed certificate like your CA itself)
When creating the request for a server you should put the full domain name as the "Common Name" that should solve the problem.
If you need it for the CA certificate itself, then my guess is that you should set these parameters in the openssl config file used when creating the self signed cert:

[req_dn]
0.commonName = www.yourname.com

[csp]
dn = www.yourname.com