via RT wrote:
Hallo,

i am working for an application based on unix systems. this appliction needs a ssl client connection to an server. I had written a ssl connection which works fine on AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and Windows. But on Suse Linux theres is an segmentation fault after SSL_CTX_new. Please see the code below. I hope you can give me an answer what is different between the other Unix systems. Thank you. SSL_CTX* ctx;
    SSL*     ssl;
    X509*    server_cert;
    char*    str;
    //char     buf [4096];
    SSL_METHOD *meth;
        int err = 0;

SSL_library_init();
            log.cdbg_printf(DBG_I,"Load SSL Library");
SSL_load_error_strings();
            log.cdbg_printf(DBG_I,"Load SSL error strings");

            SSLeay_add_ssl_algorithms();
            log.cdbg_printf(DBG_I,"SLeay_add_ssl_algorithms");

            meth = SSLv2_client_method();
            log.cdbg_printf(DBG_I,"SSLv2_client_method");

log.cdbg_printf(DBG_I,"Sizeof meth <%ld>",sizeof(meth));

           log.cdbg_printf(DBG_I,"SSL_CTX_new");
ctx = SSL_CTX_new(meth); if (!ctx)
            {
                    log.cdbg_printf(DBG_E,"Cannot SSL_CTX_new");
                    ret = RC_ERROR;
                            break;
                    }

can you give us a backtrace ?