On 2007.01.05 at 17:11:50 +0100, Gisle Vanem wrote:

> "Victor B. Wagner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >It'll be interesting to see if ccgost engine can work at all under DOS -
> >we never intended it to be used on the platform without dynamic loading,
> >and OpenSSL doesn't support dynamic loading, available in DJGPP 2.04.
>
> gost_eng.c has some code inside OPENSSL_NO_DYNAMIC_ENGINE.
> Shouldn't that take care of targets w/o dlls/so?

It should, but problem might be outside of engine itself.
There is some subtle differences in engine initialization when engine
is loaded dynamically using dynamic_path statement in openssl.cnf and
when it is compiled statically.

Last time I've checked static build, there was some problems with static
version of initialization code.

ccgost engine is currently only engine which adds new cryptography
algorithms rather than providing new implementation of existing ones.

It somehow happens, that new algorithms are added successfully into
internal OpenSSL lists when engine is loaded dynamically, but something
wrong happens (or something right doesn't happen) when just
ENGINE_load_gost called.

We haven't investigated problem thoroughly, because it has quite low
priority in our priority list.

We would be very grateful if somebody would help us to debug this case.