Nitin M wrote:
I wrote a simple program like this to find out the possibility of a memory leak. The program goes like this.

#include<openssl/ssl.h>
int main()
{
    SSL_library_init();
    EVP_cleanup();
}

when I run this programm through the valgrind I get the following output.

Ok, it is not clear if tried out the cleanup sequence I posted and checked for results after using it ?

If you are still getting leaks after; then the function SSL_free_comp_methods(); might be addressing a genuine leak which can't be reclaimed using any of the existing cleanup functions.

So I'd vote for it to get more attention and be included.

I'd also like to see a SSL_library_cleanup(), which in turn calls SSL_free_comp_methods() just to start the ball rolling on reducing the OpenSSL voodoo.

Darryl