Hi All,

I searched the archives, but didn't find any hits for what I want. If this
has already been discussed, please let me know how to improve my search
string.

On to my question: I know DER is a subset of BER, so therefore OpenSSL does
"write to BER", but can we write to any other BER encodings besides DER?

My issue stems from a server expecting an PKCS1 X509 ASN.1 BER encoded
public key. I'm currently calling i2d_RSA_PUBKEY() after generating a new
RSA object, but the result is in DER encoding and the server does not like
it. The code calling this orginally used RSA Lab's SSL-CME, but we've ported
everything over to OpenSSL on the client side. I'm new to SSL programming,
so I may be overlooking something basic.

[edit:]
Using OpenSSL 0.9.7c. Client is written in C.

Thanks,
Mike