Hi,

I've made a new port of OpenSSL version 0.9.8e for the AS/400 (iSeries).

OS/400 versions V5R1M0 upwards are supported.

It is based on the previous port for version 0.9.7d.

But it also adds a few more changes that (IMHO) improve the port and
build environment, and all changes should be compatible with building on
other platforms - it has been tested against AIX, HP, HP Itanium, S/390
Linux, Solaris, Tru64 and Windows platforms.

I've also included an extensive README that should prove useful for
OpenSSL users in explaining the port, and some of the AS/400-specific
issues.

Any questions, no problem.

Cheers,

G.