Mark Pietras wrote:
you’ll have the general population of application writers up and running with much less support/headache. The 10% (or whatever) that are worried about
a memcpy or two (yes I’m oversimplifying) can use the advanced methods.

But it requires threads and OpenSSL does not mandate threads are _REQUIRED_ on the platform to make use of SSL within OpenSSL. I think it is an unnecessary expense to be the default as you move the bar to entry with future versions.

But I maintain the IO model is possible within OpenSSL from the building blocks available, this opens the possibility for an API within OpenSSL to be provided SSLmyiomodel_xxxxx() family of functions to encapsulate it.

Darryl