On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 11:28:26AM -0700, Davide Libenzi wrote:
> Would it be possible to make SSL_shutdown() on non-blocking BIOs, conform
> to the documentation and aligned to SSL_read, SSL_write, ...?
>
> http://www.openssl.org/docs/ssl/SSL_shutdown.html
>
> I cooked a tentative patch below, that seems to be working here.

I don't understand -- as far as I can tell, the current implementation
does, in fact, conform to the documentation -- though it does not
work exactly the same way as SSL_read, SSL_write, etc.  It is not
documented to work the same way.

Why do you think it would be better if your patch were applied?  Are
you sure your change will not break existing code that works with the
current semantics?

Thor