On Nov 6, 2007 11:07 AM, Victor B. Wagner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I was asked by one user if we are planning to provide PKCS#11 module,
> based on OpenSSL (it was in the context of adding GOST algorithms
> support to the Mozilla-based software).

I guess you mean software token... You wish to have PKCS#11 token that is
implemented using OpenSSL libraries.

PKCS#11 usually used in order to access hardware cryptography, it would
be nice if the engine interface of OpenSSL would have PKCS#11, it would
have been more standard, and allow supporting features that are not currently
supported by the engine interface, such as loading certificates from engine or
authenticating to the agent during usage etc..

In order to allow OpenSSL based application to use PKCS#11 properly with
minimum changes, I've written pkcs11-helper library [1].

But if you wish only have PKCS#11 soft token implemented using OpenSSL,
it should not too complex to achieve.

Best Regards,
Alon Bar-Lev.

[1] http://www.opensc-project.org/pkcs11-helper