We are running on SLES 10 SP2.  Some of our processes need to enable and
disable FIPS multiple times within its execution.  The following code worked on
openssl-fips-1.1.1 but appears to be broken in 1.1.2:

// this works
int rc = FIPS_mode_set( 1 );

// and this works
rc = FIPS_mode_set( 0 );

// but if I try to re-enable, this will fail
rc = FIPS_mode_set( 1 );

I think I narrowed it down to a recent change in fips_rand.c.  If I copy the
1.1.1 version of fips_rand.c to the 1.1.2 source directory and rebuild, the
issue goes away.

Let me know if I can offer any more information.  Thanks in advance.
brad