Hi Geoff,

thanks for your quick response.

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 09:56:36PM -0400, Geoff Thorpe wrote:

> No taboo, no bad history that I'm aware of, just plain old open-source,
> everyone's-always-got-something-else-less-free-to-do indifference.
> Don't take it personally :-)

ok, thanks. that's good to hear.

> I just took a look at Michal's SHA patch and nothing lept out as overly
> terrifying. Perhaps Michal will comment if he's aware of any discussion
> about it? (I don't recall.) Otherwise did you happen to search the
> request tracker or mail archives about this? (Ie. beyond the fact that
> Michal's post didn't have a threaded response.)

I searched the list archives but couldn't find anything apart from that single
message by Michal to the list.  He is talking about someobody having asked him
to add testsuite support, but he didn't exactly know what he needs to add.

I could not find any evidence of any prior or later discussion on that subject.

Maybe Michal could enlighten us :)

> As for the RNG stuff, if you are able to find any references to
> discussion and/or cvs commits regarding the "deactivation by OpenSSL
> maintainers" then that would make it easier for me to follow up too.
> TIA.

At http://www.logix.cz/michal/devel/padlock/index.xp?show_selected=1&msgid=1050
I found the quote
"Stock OpenSSL as packaged in linux distros or as available from openssl.org
 has the RNG engine intentionally disabled. Thus "no-RNG". My patches have it
 enables, so you see "RNG". See the source for the reasons to enable/disable
 RNG."

which seems to indicate that Michal Ludvig's original code has it enabled, but
OpenSSL mainline disabled it.

I searched the list archives and RT before, but didn't find anything on either
the RNG or the SHA issue.

Cheers,
--
- Harald Welte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>           http://laforge.gnumonks.org/