> I am having problem to pass test, BN_sqr"  in AIX 5.2 for version
> "openssl-0.9.7g".
> test BN_sqr
> Square test failed!

This is in FAQ, "11. Why does the OpenSSL test suite fail in BN_sqr test
[on a 64-bit platform]?" 64-bit AIX is *not* supported by 0.9.7, use
0.9.8* instead.

> It is compiled with 64 mode in AIX 5.2. Here is the configuration:
>

> CONFIGURE_ARGS=aix-gcc -maix64 --prefix=/usr/local/ssl64
> --openssldir=/usr/local

It should be noted though that you can't just mix-n-match config lines
and 64-bit compiler flags like that, and such attempt to mix aix-gcc and
-maix64 would cause exactly same error even in 0.9.8*. Instead you'd
configure explicitly for aix64-gcc. A.