2) "entry point"

And you could use -binitfini to specify routines, as IBM satys:
"Optional shared object initialization and termination routines can be
specified when creating the shared object."

And what I meant was that there should be some code that invokes the routines specified with -binitfini and this code might have to be at entry point. But apparently AIX register them in .loader segment, which is evaluated by run-time linker itself, so my comment has turned to be irrelevant.

Anyway, http://cvs.openssl.org/chngview?cn=17390 should do it. A.