Hi,

> In gdb I am running the command as path_of_bin/bin/openssl s_client
> -connect ipaddress:4433.
>  But i get the error as:   Undefined command: "".  Try "help".
>  why is it so?

For gdb, loading an executable and running it, are two separate steps.
So starting "gdb path_of_bin/bin/openssl" will start gdb and load the
executable. Now, when you get to the gdb prompt, you can run the
executable by "run <parameters style="margin:0px;">", e.g. "run -connect
ipaddress:4433".

Normally, gdb documentation is not that bad, it should be described
there as well ...

          HTH,
                    Stefan

P.S.: No, I don't believe this is the appropriate list for general
           "how do I use gdb" questions ...