On Mon, 2008-10-13 at 09:01 +0200, Lutz Jaenicke via RT wrote:
> Note: I have reverted the DTLS1_BAD_VER part as DTLS1_BAD_VER handling
> is not present in HEAD (0.9.9).

That makes sense.

I assume that DTLS1_BAD_VER handling wasn't added to HEAD because the
pre-RFC version of DTLS was considered to be an OpenSSL-specific thing
that would quickly die out as people upgraded to 0.9.8f and beyond?

Now we've observed that there are servers in the wild which implement
that old OpenSSL-specific version of the protocol, but which we'd like
to be compatible with. If I can actually get that working in HEAD, would
a patch to support it be acceptable?

--
dwmw2