> [EMAIL PROTECTED] - Wed Oct 22 13:56:16 2008]:
>
> On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 01:19:53PM +0200, Stephen Henson via RT wrote:
>
> > I've had an initial look at this patch. Is there some reason you need to
> > be able to generate generic extensions rather than just being able to
> > override the session ticket extension?
>
> Not really. This just remains from the initial patch that was done
> before the session ticket support was added to OpenSSL. In practice,
> SSL_set_hello_extension() is only used to replace the SessionTicket
> extension (ext_type=35) and any mechanism that allows this to be done
> would be fine.

OK, we'd need the generic extension part of the patch modified to only
override the session ticket extension.

A companion callback to supply the details of the ticket extension would
be appropriate instead of using the debugging interface.

The indentation in that patch is also inconsistent with the rest of OpenSSL.