Larry Bugbee wrote:
>> is it possible to use ECDSA with EVP_MDs other than EVP_dss1() ? I am
>> interested in use it with SHA256, especially in X509 signatures(eg.,
>> certificates, requests, etc... ).
>
> I was successful in pulling and building the 0.9.9 SNAP at
>   ftp://ftp.openssl.org/snapshot/
> ECDSA (various curves) with the SHA2 family worked just fine.  My only
> problem: I could not build the .dylib files for MacOSX.

Hi. Sorry to recall an old topic, but I am really confused about the
snapshot builds and the old 0.9.8. I would like to ask 3 questions.

1. First of all, how do I create a certificate with SHA2 hash and EC
private/public key?
2. How do I select ECC233_AES256_SHA224 in my OpenSSL C/C++ program? Does
0.9.8 support this?
3. Lastly, what is the relation between the generated certificate and the
agreed cipher suite between a client and a server? If I select the cipher
suite myself, it wouldnt matter right?

Thanks to anyone who would be willing to help a newbie. I work on porting
OpenSSL for uClinux, and I would like to understand this issue in more
detail.