On Mon, Nov 24, 2008, Brad House wrote:

> I might have jumped the gun here.  I'm getting that failure
> on OpenSSL 0.9.8e (no fips), which I think was the branch
> point for the FIPS v1.2, but not OpenSSL 0.9.8f (no fips).
> So something must have been fixed between those 2 releases
> for FreeBSD7.
>
> I'm going to go ahead and build the FIPS release, then try to
> use the 20081123 snapshot and link the fips canister to that and
> see if the tests pass.

There is an issue with how OpenSSL uses function pointers which gcc 4.2 and
later chokes on, you should see warning saying it will abort when you compiled
it. It was was fixed around that time.

You shouldn't see that issue if you compile a newer version of OpenSSL or link
the FIPS modules against a newer version.

Steve.