(re-sent with attachments moved onto tarball on server -- apologies if you receive more than one copy of this mail.)

Folks:

I'm trying to build a native win32 openssl-0.9.8i using cygwin gcc (this is a kind of cross-compilation). The goal is to build a binary distribution of the pyOpenSSL package for Python.

The INSTALL.W32 contains instructions, but they don't link shared libs correctly -- exhibit A "openssl-098i-pristine.make.log.txt" in details.tar.bz2. This problem is described on this web page -- http://vitus.wagner.pp.ru/articles/openssl-mingw.html .

I tried the patch to Configure from that page (attached as "Configure.patch.txt" in details.tar.bz2) and it did indeed cause the shared libs to be linked correctly and then "make test" passes. However, then when I try to build pyOpenSSL using the openssl-0.9.8i header files I get an error -- "ossl_typ.h:178: error: parse error before numeric constant". Please see attached "gcc.cmdline.txt" and "gcc.log.txt" in details.tar.bz2. The relevant part of the pyOpenSSL "connection.c" is visible here:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Eexarkun/pyopenssl/trunk/annotate/78? start_revid=78&file_id=connection.c-20080219014912-qyb7kjf196jhzlyv-149

It says "#include <openssl/err.h>".

I investigated a bit but I couldn't figure out what is wrong. OCSP_RESPONSE is being defined with a typedef in ossl_typ.h line 178, and that gives this parse error, which presumably has something to do with "DECLARE_ASN1_FUNCTIONS(OCSP_RESPONSE)" over in asn1.h.

Hopefully someone on this list can easily spot the problem.

Thanks!

Regards,

Zooko

http://launchpadlibrarian.net/20156403/details.tar.bz2