Assuming you mean you're 'overriding' by writing and registering a
custom ENGINE with OpenSSL, it's the NID_des_ede3_*, etc. object ids
which you're looking for: the ones you wish to provide for should be
registered as ciphers in your engine (ENGINE_set_ciphers() IIRC).

Basically, 3des can be found in the des_...3_* methods.

Inspect GOST engine source code to get a few ideas about how to
approach this, if you haven't done so already.

The strings are just for the added human touch. Computer likes numbers
better. ;-)

Ger

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 4:51 AM, Nanavati, Sitanshu
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I am trying to override the DES/3DES in OpenSSL.  The API
> EVP_EncryptInit_ex() requires the name of the cipher.  For DES, the closes I
> found (in crypto/objects) is "DES-CBC".  I didn't find for 3DES – something
> like "3DES-CBC".  The only match I see is "PBE-SHA1-3DES".  Can someone
> please point me to the right text string for 3DES?
>

> Thanks.
>

> Best Regards,
>
> -Sitanshu

Ger Hobbelt