On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 10:03:32AM -0500, Geoff Thorpe wrote:

> Engines like eng_cryptodev.c *are* built in (they're in ./crypto/engine/
> rather ./engines/) and the intention is that they should be the
> implementation "de base" for those build targets to which they apply.

I'm surprised this can be certified for FIPS.  Are you sure it is the
case for the FIPS module?

Consider that eng_cryptodev will in many cases end up using unknown -- and
thus presumptively unvalidated -- hardware implementations of most of the
core algorithms, in some cases even software implementations in the kernel.

I would be surprised that the test lab would allow 'hooks' like this in
the FIPS module.

Thor