Hi,

We are trying to implement Mutual TLS. We are using openssl version 0.9.7d.
We have succeesfully done Server Authentication for our application
We have generated certificates and private key for our client using local
root CA.

For Client authentication, I think following five parameters should be
provided to openssl :-
1- Certificate
2- Certificate Type (PEM, DER, etc)
3- Private Key
4- Key Type (PEM, DER, etc)
5- Key Password

I have some questions :-
1- Since we have certificate and private key for our client so i want to
know
Is there any OpenSSL API available through which we  can get the
certificate/Key type(PEM/DER) by giving certificate and private key ?

2- Is there still any bug regarding DER format in OpenSSL?

3- Is it mandatory to give Key Password ? What its significance ?

Regards,
Prathima.