On Jan 30 11:52, (Damien Miller) via RT wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This diff changes the s_client and s_server apps to use getaddrinfo
> for address parsing rather than manual IPv4 parsing and gethostbyname.

The patch appears to remove the call to GetHostByName entirely.  What
about systems not supporting getaddrinfo like, for instance, Cygwin up
to release 1.5.25 or native Windows up to Windows 2000?  I think there
should be at least a IPv4-only replacement for getaddrinfo as in
portable OpenSSH, file openbsd-compat/fake-rfc2553.c.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Project Co-Leader