On Thu, Feb 12, 2009, JXu wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I try to make openssl fips build under windows, In visual studio 2005
> command prompt, I did following step:
>
> 1) go to  c:\openssl-fips-1.2.0, type
>        perl Configure no-asm VC-WIN32
>        ms\do_fips

That's a violation of the security policy. You should do:

ms\do_fips

or

ms\do_fips no-asm

Don't use no-asm unless you have to. You get considerably poorer performance.

> 2) go to c:\openssl-0.9.8j, type
>        perl Configure VC-WIN32 no-asm fips --with-fipslibdir=
> c:\openssl-fips-1.2.0\out32dll
>        ms\do_ms
>        nmake -f ms\ntdll.mak
>
> I only got libeay32.lib in c:\openssl-0.9.8j\out32dll.
> My question is the libeay32.lib is FIPS  compliant. Or we have a way to
> produce libeayfips32.lib?

It will be compliant once you build the validated module correctly. Any
application has to comply with the security policy too of course.

Steve.