> Now at last, there is only 48 bytes leak of (in 0.9.8k and 1.0.0 beta1 its
> 36 bytes) of SSL_library_init(), is of not a big issue but I will
> have look
> into openssl to just as minimize as I can. (Because restarting the
> application many times will slowly eat up the memory.. and will require to
> restart the system)

Huh? What memory will it eat up exactly? When an application terminates, it
can no longer map any memory.

> Also One remaining thing is regarding invalid read/invalid write
> messages,
> Does compiling OpenSSL with -DPURIFY will cause any performance/stability
> issue? OR is it necessary for good working of the application.? OR is it
> just for the faint of the heart?

Compiling with -DPURIFY is only needed to suppress bogus invalid read/write
messages. If those messages bother you and you want them suppressed, compile
with -DPURIFY. If you don't care and want maximum security, don't
specify -DPURIFY.

> Thanks,
> msp

DS