hmm, so you mean that these are function call statements? or is it a function
prototype? Yes, i was aware about the data type of the function prototype,
but since I never tried OpenSSL before, so i just try and see the error is.
Silly me  :-)

I tried to put the statement in the main block, but then an error message
displayed "undefined reference to 'OpenSSL_add_all_algorithm" and "undefined
reference to 'SSL_load_error_strings'

Is there any linkage i forgot to put? Anyway, thanks for the reply.