Alright. Sounds good. Thanks. I checked the new version of the patch and
I do endorse it.

Just in case anybody is wondering why the patch removes the following
code segment:

/* next chunk of data should get another prepended empty fragment
  * in ciphersuites with known-IV weakness: */
s->s3->empty_fragment_done = 0;
return tot+i;

Take a look at do_dtls1_write. There's a self-explanatory comment that says:

/* DTLS implements explicit IV, so no need for empty fragments */

-Daniel