On Tue, Oct 12, 2010, Hanno Bck wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to ask if there are any plans when openssl 1.1 or at least a
> pre/alpha/beta-version of it is going to be released.
>
> (the background I'm asking this is that I'm currently interested in the usage
> of RSA-PSS signatures - university work - and I'd like to get a rough
> estimation when an openssl version supporting PSS will be out)

Well PSS is supported in OpenSSL 1.0, I presume you mean PSS certificate
support which is only in 1.1 at present?

Major releases of OpenSSL only happen every few years so the 1.1 release is
some time off.

However PSS support is something I plan to back port to 1.0.1 but at present
there is no timescale for release.

Steve.