You are right, sorry. The reference error is indirectly caused by my own changes. Thank you for your help.

Valery Blazhnov

03.11.2010 15:20, Dr. Stephen Henson пишет:
On Wed, Nov 03, 2010, Valery Blazhnov wrote:

  Yes, but EVP_PKEY_CTX_new() may be called and is really called sometimes
in OpenSSL functions with NULL engine. In that case ENGINE_init(e) is not
called in int_ctx_new() but then we get engine with
e = ENGINE_get_pkey_meth_engine(id);
and assign it to ret->engine without ENGINE_init(e).

Well ENGINE_get_pkey_meth_engine() calls engine_table_select() which itself
should up the engine reference count.

Steve.