From: Arpadffy Zoltan [mailto:zoltan.arpad...@scientificgames.se]
Sent: den 7 december 2010 12:54
To: Richard Levitte; openssl-dev@openssl.org
Subject: RE: buid STABLE-SNAP-20101124 on platform: VMS IA64 V8.3

Hello Richard,

I am sorry for delay, but I am quite busy nowadays.

Zoltan.Arpadffy> Zoltan.Arpadffy> ...I am dreaming of the possibility to choose
between the 64 and the 32 bit version build and reuse this "not-used option" in
MAKEVMS.COM
Zoltan.Arpadffy> Zoltan.Arpadffy> During the summer I have submitted a patch
for this "feature"... wonder is there any chance for this code to be merged in?
Zoltan.Arpadffy>
Zoltan.Arpadffy> Richard Levitte> I recall discussing it, because it seemed to
be a no-op...  but I can't recall getting to an answer (and I'll admit not
being a good
Zoltan.Arpadffy> participant in that discussion).
Zoltan.Arpadffy>
Zoltan.Arpadffy> This would be very useful as there are still users that link
against 32 bit libraries for some reasons.
Zoltan.Arpadffy> From other side the current 64 bits build stays as a default
and you would not see any difference if the 32 bit parameter is not explicitly
used.
Zoltan.Arpadffy>
Zoltan.Arpadffy> I'll prepare a patch against STABLE-SNAP-20101124 and when I'm
ready I'll submit it again.

Richard Levitte> I'll have a look at it when I get it :-)

Please, review the attached patch (against STABLE-SNAP-20101124).

Changes is short:
USAGE:   @MAKEVMS.COM [Target] <Pointer size> <Debug option> <Compiler>
Like @MAKEVMS.COM ALL
Defaults: Pointer size = 64 (VAX 32) Debug option= NODEBUG

Libraries with pointer_size=32 has a 32 sufix in the name (LIBCRYPTO32,
LIBSSL32)
pointer_size=64 is the default (except on VAX) and produces standard libraries
(LIBCRYPTO, LIBSSL)

It works well on my system.

ALL TESTS SUCCESSFUL.
OpenSSL 1.0.1-dev xx XXX xxxx