Andrey Kulikov via RT wrote:
Hello,

Please find file attached: server_cert_from_engine4.patch
This is a patch to allow loading server SSL certificate by ENGINE.

[SNIP]

After applying this patch s_server will accept "-certform ENGINE" option.

This patch supplied by Stonesoft Corporation, who give me permission to
supply it to OpenSSL.

Feel free to contact with me with any related questions.

Andrey.

No idea why patch use "server" in method names.

As the STORE it not available yet (enable in 0.98 but experimental in 1+ ?!). I vote for a simple temporary solution too ( http://www.stacken.kth.se/lists/heimdal-discuss/2005-04/msg00004.html )

I prefer more generic method similar to ENGINE_load_ssl_client_cert, i.e. I need EVP keys, corresponding certificates and the certificate chain. Of course engine ssl-cert method could be modified if SSL context is null to return above but current search criteria is limitation.

Roumen