Roumen Petrov wrote:
Try with ./Configure .... mingw .

Roumen

Thanks for the suggestion.

But from what I can understand ms\mingw32.bat calls:

perl Configure mingw ... [ with the arguments I give mingw32.bat ]

I have tried using "perl Configure mingw ..." manually but I have not been able to find a combination that works to produce a usable Makefile that mingw32-make.exe (a version of GNU Make) can use.

Of course "./Configure mingw" does not work natively from cmd.exe. I think you presume I am running bash under CYGWIN. Which then kind of presumes I am running the mingw package from CYGWIN under CYGWIN, which then becomes a different toolchain for me (compared to other parts of the project which are compiled with MinGW from cmd.exe that was downloaded from mingw.org).

Darryl