Hi Steve,

Thanks for the fast reply. So it sounds like I should discuss this with the test lab with which we're working to see what they say.

My time working in OpenSSL can still be counted in weeks, so I'd be very interested in your opinion on this. Either way, it'll help me in proceeding with this technically, help me in discussing this with the test lab, or both. A few weeks ago, when I first joined this team, I sat in on a gap analysis meeting with the test lab and I do recall something about a hybrid solution being discussed. I'm going to read 140-2 again now, specifically looking for discussion of hybrid solutions.

From a technical perspective, is moving the cipher logic of the AESNI engine over into fipscanister.o even feasible? I'm still a bit confused on the difference between dynamic engines, static engines, and builtin engines and have not yet come across documentation explaining this.

Thanks again,
Pete