On 4/29/2011 3:40 AM, Bhagyashri Patel wrote:

Hello Supportl,

Here I have attached two document one with CN= “rightwaysolution” and
second with CN = “righwaysolution.com”.

We are using test mode account and able to generate the Comodo
certificate Order Id using righwaysolution_CSR.txt.

We are unable to generate the Comodo certificate Order Id using
rightwaysolution_com_CSR.txt and getting error as below:

“-18

The Common Name may not be a Fully-Qualified Domain Name!”

As we already mentioned about this problem in our previous conversation.
Am elaborating it in a brief way again

When we give the *CN*(common name) as “Rightwaysolution.com”.

Suppose rightway is an organization and X person bought the certificate
of COMODO with domain rightwaysolution.com we are getting the above
mentioned error. So can you explain how to rectify the error and also
explain *how will we know whether the extension for the domain will be
Rightwaysolution.com,Rightwaysolution.net,Rightwaysolution.org*

This isn't an OpenSSL issue and obviously isn't an OpenSSL development issue. But I'll answer the question for you. *Intranet* certificates cannot ever have common names that look anything like Internet names. It looks like you are ordering the wrong type of certificate.

DS