Hi OpenSSL developers,

We have found that Michal and Harald have worked on the SHA1/224/256 patch and
RNG patch for VIA,

http://marc.info/?l=openssl-dev&m=122027889502874&w=2

http://marc.info/?l=openssl-dev&m=115243758508970&w=2

but unfortunately, these patches have been not merged into the OpenSSL upstream
now. In addition, we found some other people have pay attention to VIA Padlock

JM submitted a SHA1/224/256 patch

http://marc.info/?l=openssl-dev&m=128786191732264&w=2

Timo has propose some question about via-mont.pl

http://marc.info/?l=openssl-dev&m=124945660509287&w=2

However, they never received any feedback on the list, so that I am confused
whether I should resume Michal and Harald'work and submit other patches for VIA
PadLock to OpenSSL. Therefore, I hope some OpenSSL developers can help me on
the following questions:

1. If I resume the Michal and Harald' work on SHA1/224/256 patch and RNG patch,
are you interested in it?

2. The"via-mont.pl"seems no to be used, is there any taboo against it or some
bad history I are missing ? If yes, please tell me.

3. If I want to submit a patch which implements modular multiplication and
modular exponentiation by calling VIA PadLock hardware instruction, should I
write it in a individual Perl script like "via-mont.pl", or wrap it in the
RSA/DSA method to be implemented in PadLock engine ? Or both are required?

In any case, we are here to wait for your replies and we have time to do
anything that can make the work go on. So please talk to me.

Thanks very much for your attention and help.

Brily
2011-05-16