On 28 Jun 2011, at 5:56 PM, Wim Lewis wrote:
> Several of the other assembly files could use the same treatment as well:
> md5-x86_64.pl uses %rbp to point to one of its arguments, sha1-586.pl uses
> %ebp as a scratch register, etc.

It occurs to me that a lot of the CFI management could be done automatically in
&push(), etc., if the script keeps a little bit of state.

On 29 Jun 2011, at 12:01 AM, yoni londner wrote:
> I currently do not have the time to continue working on it.
> Since I tested my patch carefully, and since it makes the code better, maybe
> we can merge it to trunk, and continue to work on your suggestions later on.
> Sound good?

I wasn't proposing that the other changes had to be done now --- just noting
that the lack of unwind information seems to be a problem that most of the
assembly files have. I think the extra registers' unwind info for the md5 asm
is worth including now, though, since it's a tiny enhancement.

But it's kind of moot since no one with commit access has weighed in.

I'll be away for a while, but I'll see if I can test the md5 patches and
possibly look at some other asm files when I get back.