> [seggelm...@fh-muenster.de - Fri Dec 23 09:04:52 2011]:
>
> Updated version with less defines and without breaking binary
compatibility.

Thank you. We've only got one SSL_OP flag left. Would it be possible to
use an alternative to SSL_OP_NO_HB_REQUEST? For example a ctrl and using
a bit in s->tlsext_heartbeat?

In ssl_parse_serverhello_tlsext() and the heartbeat extension is absent
should s->tlsext_heartbeat be set to an appropriate value?

Reading through the draft specification it isn't clear to me how the
heartbeat extension interacts with sessions. Section 2 does say "This
decision can be changed with every renegotiation." but it isn't clear
how resumed sessions are treated.

In other words for a resumed session should the heartbeat extension in
the client hello be recognised or should the value from the initial
session be used? If the latter then the heartbeat value from the
original session needs to be stored in the SSL_SESSION structure.

Minor code nitpick. There are several unnecessary "& 0xff" operations in
the patch for fields which can never exceed 0xff or which are always
less than 0xff (e.g. data[0], 0x02)

Steve.