 Desperrier <jmdesp <at> free.fr> wrote:
> smitha daggubati wrote:
> Does openssl have support for SHA-2.  ?
> I know that SHA-2 is part of  the crypto library but looking at the way the
> context is setup in ssl_ctx_new we are setiing up
>   ret->sha1=EVP_get_digestbyname("ssl3-sha1"))
> So is there a way to establish an openssl connection using SHA-2 currently?
>

> Yes openssl has support for SHA-2, but what it doesn't have is support for a
SSL cipher suite using SHA-2.
> It's a bit late in being updated to support the SHA-2 suites from RFC5289. I
suppose this not the main priority of the development team, since sha1 inside
tls is not actually endangered at the moment.
> Any help in implementing it, and rearchitecturing the code where use of
SHA-1
is hardcoded, would certainly be welcomed.

Hello Marc, Smitha and everyone,
Just wanted to know the current state and level of SHA-2 support in Openssl
(as of Jan 6, 2012). Specifically, do we have a support for SHA-2 for SSL in
openssl 1.0.0.f or 0.9.8s?
Thanks!
-shahid