On Wed, Feb 08, 2012, Jacob White wrote:

> After downloading and unpacking
> *openssl-1.0.1-beta2.tar.gz<http://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-1.0.1-beta2.tar.gz>
> * and
> openssl-fips-2.0rc3.tar.gz<http://opensslfoundation.com/testing/validation-2.0/source/?C=M;O=A>I
> was able to build the fipscanister.lib and the other fips outputs with
> no
> problem from openssl-fips-2.0. However, I was not able to build
> openssl-1.0.1-beta2 with the fips option.
>

> I used the ?perl Configure VC-WIN32 fips withfipslibdir=? seting the
> openssl-1.0.1 fipslibdir to the correct path for the openssl-fips-2.0
> outputs. I was also able to run ms\do_nasm with no errors.
>
> However, I gets some errors when I run "nmake -f ms\ntdll.mak" with the
> visual studio command prompt. First I get the error: ".\crypto\o_fips.c(60)
> : fatal error C1003 : Cannot open include file: 'openssl/fips.h': No such
> file or directory?

You need to set the FIPSDIR environment variable to an appropriate value
before building the test module rc3 or the FIPS capable OpenSSL. This
indicates where the module will be installed and where the FIPS capable
OpenSSL will try to locate it.

Alternatively set FIPSDIR for the test module and the the --with-fipsdir=
option for the FIPS capable OpenSSL.

Steve.