Currently I am reading a PEM file which contains a test RSA key

   /**
    *Load RSA Keys
    **/
    fp= fopen("test.pem", "rb");
    if (fp==NULL){
        printf("ERROR opening RSA Keys failed test.pem\n");
        return 1;
      }
   rsapriv= (RSA *) PEM_read_RSAPrivateKey(fp,&rsapriv, (pem_password_cb
*)"password",NULL);

and create a SHA1 message digest

  unsigned char *result=SHA1((unsigned char *)sample, strlen(sample), md);

and sign it

  int rc= RSA_sign(NID_sha1, md, 20, sigret, &siglen, rsapriv);

Now I have explored also the use of the Elliptical Curve from the SHA1
but and there is always a but, the only example I could figure out is
using the key generation function

EC_KEY_generate_key(eckey);  <====

I need to use my  private and public key from the RSA PEM file?
Not sure how exactly to do this.

The private would be used for the
    ECDSA_do_sign(md, 20, eckey);

The public later is used for verify
    ECDSA_do_verify(md, 20, sig, eckey);

The RSA structure consists of several BIGNUM components. It can contain
public as well as private RSA keys:

 struct
        {
        BIGNUM *n;              // public modulus
        BIGNUM *e;              // public exponent
        BIGNUM *d;              // private exponent
        BIGNUM *p;              // secret prime factor
        BIGNUM *q;              // secret prime factor
        BIGNUM *dmp1;           // d mod (p-1)
        BIGNUM *dmq1;           // d mod (q-1)
        BIGNUM *iqmp;           // q^-1 mod p
        // ...
        };
 RSA

There are functions for ECDSA such as
   int EC_KEY_set_private_key(EC_KEY *, const BIGNUM *)

and

int EC_KEY_set_public_key(EC_KEY *, const EC_POINT *)
 EC_POINT_point2bn(group, point, POINT_CONVERSION_UNCOMPRESSED, ppub_a,
ctx);

The POINT is used for the public key of EC_KEY no real document of how this
is used.

So simply I have a PEM which gives me a RSA* and want to use the public and
privates keys
for the ECDSA.

How?