Hello!

I think I have found a bug in OpenSSL on AIX 5.3 64-bit platform.

When I try to connect by https from AIX to another host from multi-thread
application by curl, I have got error message SSL_CONNECT_ERROR "Unknown
SSL protocol error in connection to ...". After debugging I have found in
bss_sock.c file in BIO_sock_should_retry function ifdef statement (#if
defined(OPENSSL_SYS_WINDOWS) && 0), that incapsulate handling of
non-blocking socket returns. I think so, because in sock_read function
calling readsocket returns -1 and set errno to 0, and it' normal for
non-blocking sockets. But then BIO_sock_should_retry returns false, because
it didn't execute code under ifdef statement. When I remove this ifdef the
application starts work correctly.

Best regards,
Aidar.