I am trying to compile OpenSSL 0.9.8x for Windows 8 ARM platform.
Basically want SSL to work on Windows 8 ARM tablets.

My main issue is because of "unresolved symbol for OPENSSL_UplinkTable".

Looking at the scripts and code, I see that there's no support for ARM
assembly (in uplink.pl script). Is it possible for me avoid the assembly
in it? If yes what are the options I should provide to configure script? I
no, can anyone provide me the assembly equivalent for ARM?

Also, what's the meaning of "no-sock" option in configure? When I try that
I don't get the linker error for OPENSSL_UplinkTable, but for BIO_accept,
BIO_get_accept_socket etc. I am worried that the no-sock option would take
away the socket support totally - if I am wrong, please correct me.

Once I get this working, I will make OpenSSL working for WinRT on ARM
(have something working for x86 and x64 already). I shall contribute the
modifications back to OpenSSL, once I get it working.

Thank You in advance.

Gopakumar Pillai (Gopu)

Senior MTS

 <mailto:gpil...@vmware.com> gpil...@vmware.com

3401 Hillview Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304

650.427.5580 Office

VMW_09Q3_LOGO_Corp_Gray

<<image001.png>>