Greetings,

While working on a php script for uploading certs and keys to a web page, I
discovered that the x509 -modulus option does not work for EC keys, and the ec
command does not have a -modulus options at all (rsa and dsa commands do).  I
put together a fairly trivial patch to remedy this, however I'm located in the
U.S., so have export garbage to deal with.

I'm hoping that either someone can explain how to submit the patches to the
U.S. Gov't (the README has dead links, so wasn't helpful), or someone from
outside the U.S. can replicate my changes.  They are fairly simple, I used
apps/dsa.c as a model for adding a -modulus option to apps/ec.c, and lifted
code from crypto/ec/ec_ameth.c (calls to EC_KEY_get0_group(),
EC_KEY_get0_public_key(), and EC_POINT_point2bn()) to put in apps/ec.c and
apps/x509.c to extract and print the public part of the key.

Thanks.

- Steve

--
Stephen P. Wall