On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 09:41:41AM +0100, Ivailo via RT wrote:
> The manual pages placement should use MANPREFIX instead of MANSUFFIX or the
> manual pages can not be read. The following patch does the job:
> http://pastebin.com/auK9EFSG.

I don't understand what you're trying to fix.  You seem to be
renaming "req.1" to "openssl-req.1" and "SSL_new.3" to
"openssl-SSL_new.3".

"man req", "man 1 req", "man SSL_new" and "man 3 SSL_new"
have always worked perfectly for me, I have no idea why
you want to complicate it by needing to prefix it with
"openssl-".

However, I do place the manpages in the "1ssl" and "3ssl'
sections instead or "1" and "3".

> However, it has to applied after the
> configuration step or the Makefile gets updated.

So you mean you should have updated Makefile.org instead of
Makefile.  Note that your diff is between Makefile.org and
Makefile.

Kurt