Hi List,

With the list help I've recently implemented a sign and verify functions using
EVP_DigestSign{Init/Update/Final}.
This gives back a variable length signature based on the selected digest. My
client however now _also_ requires the option to package the signature in
PKCS#7 for transmission with the original message/data.

Q: Which set of API calls (PKCS7 or CMS) will help me to simply package my
existing signature with the Public certificate (as far as I know this is
basically the important information in a detached PKCS7 package) to get a valid
PKCS#7 package?

Since only the signature need to be package (no data enveloping) I think simple
PKCS7 should be sufficient - correct?

Thanks for your time
Regards,
Leon Brits