Hey Steve,

>> While it cannot be enabled via ./config options,
>
> Why not? The standard way to include such options is via config or Configure
> and some platforms (e.g. Windows) require this.

Actually, it turns out that I was wrong, so please ignore that part.

For the reference:
What I meant is that currently (i.e. git master, nothing to do with
the patch) OPENSSL_NO_NEXTPROTONEG cannot be enabled via ./config
options and I had to pass it via CFLAGS, but that turned out to be
just a user error... I didn't know that "no-XXX" is automatically
translated to OPENSSL_NO_XXX and I was trying to disable NPN with
"no-npn" (as described in CHANGES), which obviously didn't do much
good... "no-nextprotoneg" works fine, though :)

Best regards,
Piotr Sikora