OpenSSL deliberately continues to support (mostly older)
features like SSL2 and export suites that are known weak
or vulnerable (at least sometimes) for interoperability.
It might be reasonable to have an *optional* minimum,
similar to the way we can optionally limit verify depth.

OTOH at least for now sess->sess_cert->peer_dh_tmp is
exposed and the app can just decide to abort the session.
Same as it can for RSA or DSA too short, or MD5 certs,
or if you're more ambitious things like RSA that appears
to be a Debian broken-random weak key.

I think a best-practice default of 1024 for s_server would
be better (it uses p-256 for ecdh_tmp which is good), but
at least it is test code and has an option for better.
Java (or rather JSSE) server uses 768 and can't be fixed :-(