I am seeing an error on some SSL connections between two different Windows
machines. Both are using OpenSSL 1.0.1e. The error is:

3612:error:1408F119:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:decryption failed or bad
record mac:.\ssl\s3_pkt.c:484:

This shows up on a connection (the TLS client, if it matters) while downloading
a large amount of data (a 70 MB file). The amount of data I can send/receive
before the error happens differs but is rarely more than about 400 KB. Some
googling showed many reports saying this was related to AES-NI, and that I
should disable it using the OPENSSL_ia32cap environment variable, but this did
not fix the problem. Plus it seems that my version of OpenSSL should contain
the fix anyway.

I'm using SSLv23_server_method() and SSL23_client_method() on the server and
client respectively. The opts I'm using are SSL_OP_ALL|SSL_OP_NO_SSLv2, and the
ciphers are "AES256-SHA:AES128-SHA:RC4-MD5".

Anyone know what else might cause this problem or how I can avoid it?

Graeme Perrow