On 10/23/2013 06:16 AM, Stephen Henson via RT wrote:
> What version of OpenSSL are you using? This was worked around in 1.0.1e due to
> the difficulty of changing the FIPS module.

Ah, okay; I see the drbg_free_entropy functions are checking for NULL
there now, which works (even though it's probably still FIPS's bad).

We're using (modified) Ubuntu Precise's openssl1.0.0 (really 1.0.1)
debian package, which looks to have cherry-picked security fixes from
1.0.1e (and prior), but probably didn't grab the FIPS stuff under
consideration of the fact that they don't _build_ with FIPS stuff.

For my curiosity, what's difficult about modifying FIPS? More involved
change-vetting process?

-mjc